Saturday 8 October 2011

Email to friends on mailing list

Dear friends

Excuse the extensive email.

Here is my latest contribution in The New York Times: Arabs Are Waiting for a New Egypt.

I returned recently from a speaking tour that first took me to the IISS in Geneva (photo onetwo) and Chatham House in London (audio interview). My first stop in the US was George Washington University which summarised my talk there along with the full video.

I co-hosted Al Jazeera's The Stream's episode on the so-called foreign mercenaries in Libya as well as women driving in Saudi. The next day I spoke at the US Institute of Peace (photo)

I was a guest at James Zogby's show in Washington DC to speak about the role of social media in the Arab Uprisings. 

Then in Boston I spoke at TuftsEmerson and Harvard. Here is a video (on Itunes) of the Harvard event titled: "Inside the Arab Awakening" along with press coverage (photo onetwo)live blog & Mondoweiss.

While in Boston I met a group of inspiring Gulf students, here is my article about them which I also posted on The Huffington Post.

My last stop on the tour was University of Michigan's Ford School of Public Policy to deliver the Rosenthal Lecture (video).

If you were in the UAE next Friday please join me for a reception for our new Barjeel art exhibition titled Caravan at Al Qasba, Sharjah.

Finally, I created a Journalisted profile with various links.

I hope you are all well.

Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi

No comments: