Thursday 21 June 2012

Latest email to my mailing list


Dear friends

This is an article I wrote for The Guardian on the regional ramifications following the demise of Prince Nayef. More of my comments on Nayef can be found in this Al Jazeera piece and in this one in The Daily Beast (a piece I wrote for Egypt Independent is already out in their print edition in Egypt). 

I am not sure if you're all familiar with how close Dubai is to its northern neighbors Sharjah and Ajman, I explore the advantages of cooperation between them in this Gulf News article. And here is a short piece I wrote for the New York Times on US policy towards Bahrain. 

I reported for Gulf News from Egypt during the first round of the presidential elections, here is the coverage. Time magazine asked me if the generals had already won. 

Here's a mention in Foreign Policy's Twitterati list, one in Arabian Business annual Power 500 list and a blog post by the Angry Arab.

Reuters asked me to comment on the rise of the Islamists in the UAE of whom you know I am very skeptical and was accused of being a spokesman (Arabic) for the UAE security services. 

The Financial Times asked me to comment on the the Gulf governments crackdown on Twitter users. I commented (in Arabic) to this new magazine on the Arab art industry. 

Finally, if you are in the UAE please join us at Barjeel next week for this art panel on Saturday June 30th at 5pm at Al Qasba. Tell your friends.

Sultan

P.S. Hopefully my new website will be ready soon and I won't bombard you with email updates. 

2 comments:

Safety Products said...

its really good source of information as after reading this post i come to know about this story.....

salem elkotamy said...

بسم الله مجريها ومرسيها..سفينة الوطن تمخرعباب التحديات الجسام ويجب علينا جميعا العمل على إنجاح ربانها في تحديه للأنواء والأهواء. فلول الحكم السابق والبلطجية ومافيا المال والأعمال والفاسدين والمفسدين من ضلالي الإعلاميين لن ندعهم يعرقلون تقدم سفينة الوطن بقيادة ربانها الحكيم المتواضع الكريم، والوصول إلى برالأمان وشاطيء السلامة،فليتهم يراجعون ضمائرهم ويثوبوا لرشدهم،وألاتأخذهم العزة بالإثم،وسأذكرهم بمصير إبن نبي الله نوح الذي أسكره العصيان وأعماه الشيطان،فأهلكه الله مع من عاندوا الحق فكان غرقهم بإثمهم مستحق،( وقال اركبوا فيها بسم الله مجراها ومرساها إن ربي لغفور رحيم ( 41 ) وهي تجري بهم في موج كالجبال ونادى نوح ابنه وكان في معزل يا بني اركب معنا ولا تكن مع الكافرين ( 42 ) قال سآوي إلى جبل يعصمني من الماء قال لا عاصم اليوم من أمر الله إلا من رحم وحال بينهما الموج فكان من المغرقين ( 43 ) ) اللهم إهدهم،وإن عصوا فأغرقهم في بحورخطاياهم،وجنبنا شرمكرهم!!سالم القطامي